with Coyote Midwifery
"It doesn’t interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back."
From, The Invitation, by Oriah
We became home birth midwives because of a drive to see individuals give birth in a manner that affirms their dignity and power. To see babies born in an environment that honors their being. We believe in birth. We believe when the birthing person is given a supportive and safe environment they are more able to tap into their instinctual wisdom and birth unhindered. We pledge to do our very best for you, to be alert and attentive to all aspects of your well-being, and to do our utmost to see that your child emerges into an atmosphere that is nurturing for the whole family. We acknowledge and appreciate your trust in us through these sacred times of transformation.
with Coyote Midwives
Appointments last approximately one hour and go beyond a simple assessment of physical well-being; we care about you as a whole person. We discuss upcoming landmarks in pregnancy, offer informed choice on testing and procedures, and spend time preparing for both birth and the postpartum period. Prenatal visits are a time for us to get to know one another, build trust, and hang out together.
What you get
- Prenatal care:
- Physical exams
- Nutrition and lifestyle counseling
- Herbal consultations
- Lab services
- Appointments every 4 weeks from conception through 32 weeks, every 2 weeks from 32–36 weeks, and weekly from 36 weeks until birth
- Home visit at 36 weeks
- 24–7 on-call support from hire through 6 weeks postpartum
- Labor and birth support:
- Birth services from 36 weeks to 42+6
- Continuous care and support during labor, birth, and the first hours after birth
- Optional water birth
- Support for clients or family members to catch their own baby
- Medical consultation and referral as needed
- Continuous support by midwives in the event of hospital transport
- Immediate postpartum support for birthing parent and baby
- Postpartum care:
- Emotional and logistical support through the transition of welcoming a new baby into your family
- A full physical exam of the newborn and access to standard newborn tests and procedures
- Comprehensive breastfeeding support
- Four 1-hour home visits followed by 2 clinic visits
Along the way, you’ll have direct access to us, to ensure you have the support and information needed to be successful. Count on:
- Regular quick-form check-ins to measure progress and guide follow-up calls.
- Ongoing support via secure chat
- Access to our resource library & private community platform